Being creatures of spirit, demons are not bound by any physical consistency, and may adopt such forms as boredom, perversity, or personal aesthetics dictate. Here are 20 "costume changes."
1. A translucent, crystalline, perfectly proportioned male or female body filled with wriggling pink worms.
2. A laughing huntsman wearing a suit of stitched-together infants’ skin, complete with a jaunty cap.
3. A vaguely humanoid figure made of rusted and bloodstained metal implements.
4. A cloud of fat corpse-flies, buzzing as one.
5. A gnarled, stooped figure with pale green skin, branded all over with still-smoking magical sigils. Its long, tangled beard reaches to the floor. It has no visible eyes, tiny serrated teeth, and a tongue of blue flame.
6. A serpent with a flaming crown, its body folding back on itself like a Moebius strip.
7. A recently-executed criminal, with all the accompanying signs of his death.
8. A deceased close relative of one of the PCs, bleeding continually from the eyes.
9. A perfect replica of the most common popular depiction of demons – red, horns, barbed tail, pitchfork, etc.
10. A naked, faceless infant suspended in a floating sac of pale fluid.
11. A great hero/heroine from myth and legend, speaking in a voice of the opposite gender.
12. A pretty, effeminate young fop, clad in velvet and holding a peacock feather.
13. A constantly shifting riot of wings and eyes. Talks like Michael J. Anderson on Twin Peaks.
14. A wax replica of one of the PCs, slowly melting.
15. A huge, bloated maggot with the face of a beautiful young woman.
16. A kindly, care-worn cleric of the most popular local faith.
17. The last intelligent being killed by one of the PCs, as they appear now.
18. A flayed bear, walking upright and holding a fennel stalk and a flute made from a human thighbone.
19 An elongated figure made of black iron, topped with a star-shaped head orbited by tiny flames.
20. A composite creature with the head of an owl, the torso of an emaciated woman, and the lower body of a praying mantis. Carries a flail and a cup of sweet wine.